Monday; October 5

Several years ago I spent quite a bit of time studying adult education.  One of the lasting lessons I learned was that we are all intelligent in our own way.  (Or was it that we are all ignorant in our own way?  Actually, I think both are true!)  When we stop and think about it, it's easy to see that we have our talents and we all have some sort of personalized intellect.  Not only do we learn differently, we all learn different things.

The reason I bring this up is to encourage us to acknowledge the differences between people.  First, as we interact with someone we should try to put them in a position where their smarts are shown.  Figure out what they know and give them a chance to shine.  Second, let’s give ourselves credit for what we know.  We may not be able to explain geometry, but if we are a whiz at geography, let’s be out there teaching other people about how to navigate the world around them.  Most of us are well aware of what we don’t know – but when we find our niche, let’s not be shy about sharing our intelligence.

Let’s remember that it takes all of us to make the world go ‘round.  When we work together, it will be amazing what our collective intellect can teach us!

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday; July 20

Wednesday; July 22

Monday; June 22