Wednesday; September 9

I feel like I have to walk an interesting tight wire.  On one hand, I need to talk more to some people than I do.  This is especially true of my family, particularly to my wife, Jeane.  I find it easy not be as vocal as I ought to be.  Then, on the other side, there are times I need to speak less.  In some circumstances, I am tempted to talk too much – and maybe even too forcefully.  I have some pretty deeply held beliefs and can be somewhat quick on the trigger.  While I can’t speak for you, it wouldn’t surprise me if you find yourself in similar circumstances.  So, what do we do?  I think we get a glimpse of resolution in Proverbs 10:19-20, “When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable, but he who restrains his lips is wise.  The tongue of the righteous is as choice silver, the heart of the wicked is worth little.”.  In other words, we need to have the wisdom to know when to speak and when to stay quiet.  It is less about eloquence and more about insight.

As I think about this the word that comes to mind is purposeful.  When we plan our words, assess our need and monitor our tone; we are apt to say what we should when we should.

Let’s be focused on our words.  When we are, we’ll find that communication sweet spot.

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday; October 14

Friday; October 31

Wednesday; April 1