Tuesday; August 4

What do we allow to interrupt the important things in life?  Okay, now for the follow-up question:  how long are we willing to allow them to derail us?  We are all going to have times when life takes a turn we aren’t expecting and, when that happens, it is bound to knock us off track.  However, for most of us, there will come a time when a sense of normalcy sets in – are we ready, willing and able to get back in the groove of things?

As I was thinking about this the other day, I got to thinking about the Apostle Paul.  As dedicated as he was to the rules and regulations (after all he had been a Pharisee) he was able to make adjustments and return to his core responsibilities.  In one letter he chronicled, “Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep. I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren; I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure.” (II Corinthians 2:25-27).  That seems like a lot, but what also impresses me is that he kept doing what he had been called to do – ministering to the early church and, particularly, to the Gentile believers.

Are we in a season of turmoil?  If so, that’s okay, but let’s not forget to get back to what we have been called to do as soon as we can.

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday; October 14

Friday; October 31

Wednesday; July 16