Monday; August 3
A few years ago I was
growing tired of having to play catch-up when I would have one of those busy
weeks and would scramble to get what I needed to get done completed on
time. It didn’t happen often, but
something urgent might pop up or I would have one of those weeks where things
were stacked on top of each other and would have to hustle to get things ready
to go when they needed to go. I started
keeping a monthly “to do” list in association with my calendar and could plan
for those hectic times.
Now, the reason I bring
this up is as a reminder that life can get busy at times, are we prepared for
those deadlines? It might be as simple
and routine as hugging our children at the end of the day or as life-changing
as the Lord’s Second Coming; but we need to be prepared. If we simply play things by ear, we are going
to end up missing something. Again, some
activities can be done last minute or made up later, but there are some things that
we get one shot to get it right. What is
coming up on our agenda? Are there
things that we can be assured are impending but don’t know an exact date (like
our death)? Let’s assess what we need to
get done and what we have done and make sure nothing is slipping through the
cracks.
Think About It!