Wednesday; July 22

In yesterday’s post I mentioned the need to study the Bible.  The Word of God is readily available to us, let’s take advantage of it.  Now, while this is a noble concept, have you ever thought about what we need to be studying?  The Bible is a big book full of incredible ideals – where do we start?  I realize it is tempting to focus on the “does and don’ts” of the book, but what could happen if we expanded our search for deeper meanings.  I don’t mean to disparage the search for the rules of righteousness, but the Bible is more than some moral rule book.  Not only can it control our behavior, it can also enhance our lives.

When the writer, David, was contemplating the message(s) of God, he requested, “Open my eyes, that I may behold wonderful things from Your law.” (Psalm 119:18).  Are we willing to take a page from his book and ask that God guide us in our question for spiritual development?  Rather than merely seeking the answer to a religious question, what if we asked Him to lead us in seeking the answer to life?

One of the great things about God is that He wants to share His wisdom with us.  Are we willing to follow Him where He leads us?

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Friday; August 8

Wednesday; July 16

Tuesday; August 12