Friday; August 7

On this date in 1974, an entertainer by the name of Philippe Petit traversed a highwire between the two twin towers of the World Trade Center.  Now, I have to go on record as saying that this feat wasn’t not authorized by any official entity; however, it did bring him several moments of fame.  In fact, after being arrested and being subjected to a psychological evaluation, he was given the opportunity to atone for his crime by doing a publicly sanctioned event in Central Park.  The daredevil made quite a name for himself living on the cutting edge, so that’s why this comment caught my attention, “I, like everybody else, have a certain fear of heights, and I have to be very careful when I am in the clouds; but it is what I love; it is my domain, when you love something, you don’t have fear.”.

As I thought about Petit’s observation I got to wondering what is holding us back from doing what we want to do?  No, I am not advocating that we all go out and break the law, but what if we set our fears aside and break through our self-imposed limitations?  What if we embraced fear and went for it – whatever our “it” happens to be.  Fear is natural, but when we combine caution with passion, we can break out of our shell and make an even greater difference with our lives. 

What have we been wanting to do to influence the world and the people around us?  Are we ready to take the first step into the frightening and make it happen?

         Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday; October 14

Wednesday; April 1

Friday; October 31