Friday; August 14

Forty-five years ago, my life changed for the better!  After dating Jeane for several months we were married on August 14, 1981.  For some of you this might seem to be ancient history, but to me, it doesn’t seem that long at all.  Every once in a while someone will ask me about the longevity of marriage and, while there is no one pat answer, as I look back, I see some principles that have made it work.  First, find someone who shares your core values.  The excitement of youth might fade through the years, but if you believe in the same things, you will have a solid foundation upon which to build a lifetime together.  Second, enjoy spending time together.  Sharing hobbies and interests is a good place to start, but just being willing to have fun as a couple can make the years enjoyable.  Another one that you might not hear too often is to find other couples your age who are committed to long-term relationships.  As I think about the people who we hung around with as a young couple, many of them are still together.  I think that directly and indirectly this has helped us stay together.

While all of these are good, there is one thing that will make all the difference in the world – find someone who will love you for who you are.  I have been blessed because Jeane has been with me everyday through all the highs and lows.  You can always make more money or get new things, but one thing you can never acquire is someone who will love you every day!  I am blessed … and I am looking forward to seeing what else we get to enjoy together!

         Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday; October 14

Friday; October 31

Friday; September 12