Tuesday; July 28
Is it warm enough for
you? How many times have we been asked
that this summer? Typically, it is a
jovial way to complain about what appears to be a hot summer. Now, I am not a climatologist so I am not
going to get into a discussion of how hot it is (or why it is so hot); but I
think there can be a lesson in all of this for us. While I am not sure that this year’s heat is
the precursor of things to come or even a sign of the end of the world, one
thing I do know is that is not as hot as it is going to be. In describing the return of the Lord, Paul
caution, “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.” (II Peter 3:10). There is going to come a time when this world
will be destroyed with heat – not caused by a climatic shift – rather one
caused by the Holy God! It won’t come
over a series of ages, it will be upon us in His appointed moment!
The next time we walk
outside and feel the intense heat, let’s not complain; rather let’s
remember. This is nothing compared to
what will happen one day – are we ready for that last day?
Think About It!