Wednesday; June 13

Look out your window – what do you see? Now, take another look out your window – what did you miss the first time? I believe that when we approach life we see what we expect to see and all too often, what we expect to see is bad. As I look out my window right now, I see traffic. Even though it is quite a ways away from me, the first thing I noticed was traffic. Yet, as I reset my expectations I can see flowers and trees and nature’s little critters running around. I see a beautiful sunny day with a light cooling breeze. Those things that exist outside our window is a matter of physical record, but what we see it entirely up to us.

What would happen if we adjusted what we saw in life? Could we go from seeing a dysfunctional nation to an affluent free society? Could we go from seeing the trash on the side of the road to wildflowers that grow up over the top of it? Could we go from seeing people in need to seeing people doing acts of kindness?
When we struggle with a bad attitude, the answer may not be a change of venue as much as it is adjusting our view. When we are willing to do that you just never know how appealing the world can become.

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday; November 29

Thursday; January 12

Monday; September 25