Friday; August 21
The other day I was
thinking about Jesus on the cross and I had a thought, I’d never had. As I was considering what all He went
through, I realized that not once did He ask for mercy. He didn’t seek to bypass the pain or avoid
the humiliation that came with crucifixion – He experienced it all. Why?
He didn’t ask for mercy for Himself so that He could show mercy to
us. He didn’t take the easy way out
because we needed the sacrifice that was necessary to forgive us of our
sins. He experienced it all – He gave us
His all – so that we could enjoy salvation.
Centuries ago, a New
Testament writer explained, “Therefore, He had to be made like His
brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and
faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make
propitiation for the sins of the people. For since He Himself
was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid
of those who are tempted.” (Hebrews 2:17-18).
Folks, there is no way that we could ever do what He did for us, so all
we can do is to be thankful that He was willing to do it for us. Let’s not try to repay Him (because we
can’t), let’s just appreciate what He did!
Think About It!