Friday; September 8

I am not sure if I should admit this, but one of my “guilty pleasures” is the music of Jimmy Buffet. I realize some of his songs don’t align with my own personal values, but I enjoy the way he blended pop, county and Caribbean vibes. If you haven’t heard, Buffet passed away last week at the age of 76. I am sure that over the past week most of you have heard a lot about Jimmy, but did you realize he never had a #1 pop hit? His best charting single in the traditional US Charts was Margaritaville (which reached #8 in 1977). His two #1 hits came on the County Charts in collaborations with Alan Jackson (It’s Five O’clock Somewhere) and Zac Brown (Knee Deep). Now, while Buffet didn’t have traditional commercial success, he parlayed his musical styles and concert performances into an incredible musical empire.

The reason I bring up Jimmy Buffet is to remind us that personal effectiveness doesn’t always come through traditional ways. We may not may not look like other successful people, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t successful. Let’s find our niche and do the most we can with the best we have been given. When we do, we’ll find our own version of success.

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6