Friday; July 28

Will you be worshipping the Lord this weekend? Now, let me rephrase that because it is possible to worship God wherever we are. Will you be in a worship service this weekend? If not, why not? What is more important than spending time worshipping? I know there are all kinds of events and activities that are tugging at us, but are any of them more important or more special that spending time with like-minded believers in worship to God? The great thing about our society is that most of us have quite a bit of time off each weekend, so we can fit in a lot of activities. With this in mind, are we going to block out a certain amount of time to publicly honor the Lord?

Centuries ago, a very busy King David, made time for God. I am sure there were a lot of things he felt like he needed to get accomplished, but he also realized the value of worship when he wrote, “Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! I will praise the Lord while I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.” (Psalms 146:1-2). Are we busier than a king? The reason that David had time for God was because he made time for Him. (But when you are known as “a man after God’s own heart”, that isn’t surprising.)

Let’s plan our weekend to include worship. When we do, it will probably pay additional dividends by getting our next week off to a better start!

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6