Friday; August 26

Where do we put our hope? As we work our way through this off-year election season, there are a lot of people hoping (and maybe even praying) that in some way our point of view will be advanced through the ballot box. Now, while I am not necessarily opposed to voting the right folks in and the wrong folks out, we need to be cautious in this – or any election – bringing about the answer to what ails us. I am thankful that we have the opportunity to choose our local, state and national representation, but when it comes to a Leader that can make a real difference, we have to look in a different place. Centuries ago, the Jews were told, “Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! I will praise the Lord while I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being. Do not trust in princes, in mortal man, in whom there is no salvation.” (Psalm 146:1-3). Yes, some of the people we elect will have a positive influence on our community, but our ultimate hope rests in the Ultimate Ruler – the Creator and Sustainer of the universe.

As the elections continue throughout your state and our nation feel free to vote your conscience but remember to cast your lot with the Lord. Thankfully, He has no term limits!

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6