Wednesday; December 23

One of the things I have missed out on over the last few months is that ability to do public speaking. I am blessed to be able to preach on Sundays, but I also enjoy going out and doing training for people around the community and throughout the nation. I was invited to share at three conferences this year; but, unfortunately all of them had to be canceled. So, when I was given the opportunity to speak to a local group, I jumped at it … then came the reality – I was supposed to address the group at 5:00 a.m. (yes, that is 5:00 IN THE MORNING). Due to the nature of the material I was presenting, and the groups I was presenting to, I was going to have to get up at 0-dark-thirty, drive an hour and be ready to go before sunup! I was feeling pretty bummed about this, until I realized something – I get to speak in front of a group … this is what I had been hoping for … no matter what time of day it was.

As I thought about my challenge, I got to thinking about the Old Testament prophet Isaiah. Isaiah recalls his recruitment as, “Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’”. (Isaiah 6:8). When Isaiah heard the troubling message he was given to present, he might have had second thoughts, but he did it and his words have inspired godly people for centuries. Isaiah reminds us that if we have been given the gift, we should use it – even if it is not exactly what we would like it to be.
Is God calling on us to volunteer for His cause? Are we doing it or are we waiting for an easier message or a more convenient time?
Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6