Thursday; September 12

Okay folks, hang on to your hat – I am about to do something I don’t believe I have never done before … provide a quote from Taylor Swift!  (Well, at least my granddaughters will think I am cool – at least until the next time I open my mouth.)  As I was Googling “quotes by” I was prompted to check out some by Taylor Swift and, I found some that were pretty good, including, “I never give advice unless someone asks me for it.  One thing I’ve learned, and possibly the only advice I have to give, is to not be that person giving out unsolicited advice based on your own personal experience.”.  I am old enough to be able to look back at Taylor’s entire career – how many of you remember “Tim McGraw” – and she is right, no one will have a life and a career like hers!  From the kid country star in the mid-2000s to a modern music diva, she is unique and her perspectives will differ than anyone she might advise.  Interestingly, in an odd way, so is everyone else.  None of us are rock stars but we all have different backgrounds and experiences.  I think this is important to remember as we evaluate the lives of others and feel the temptation to offer advice.  Sure, if someone asks, we might consider offering suggestions, but even in those times, let’s keep in mind that they are different than we are (or ever have been). 

Let’s be judicious with our opinions.  If we display that type of grace with them, they just might return the favor to us! 

Think About It! 

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday; November 29

Thursday; January 12

Monday; September 25