Thursday; May 2

As an avid baseball fan, I spend a lot of time scoreboard watching. At any given time I can probably tell you the record of my team and where they are in the standings. In addition to knowing where my team stands, I know what it will take for my guys to stay on top or get back into race. The problem with this is that over a 162 game schedule, it takes a lot of emotional energy.

As a fan, I can afford to watch the standings, but how do the people who play the game keep from wearing out? The answer seems to be to win. If you play well and win the games you play, you don’t have to worry about where you are in the standings. Coming in first will happen if you win.

As I thought about this, it reminded me of something that can translate into life itself. If we continue to do good and do what we are supposed to do, the accolades and appreciation will happen. We won’t have worry about whether people will think positively of us if we spend enough of our time doing what is right.

Are we looking for a way to feel better about how our lives are going? Let’s focus on taking virtuous actions. When we do what we are supposed to do things will naturally work out for us.

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday; November 29

Thursday; January 12

Monday; September 25