Friday; September 1

Are you ready for some football? Well, ready or not, here it comes! Football used to be a fall sport, but with the expansion of the seasons, it is getting an earlier start. Now, mind you, I am not complaining … I’m just saying.

When football season rolls around, it takes me back to some happy memories – and not one of them relates to when I was playing. I was too small, too slow and probably too passive to participate in organized ball, but that didn’t stop me from being a big fan. When and where I grew up, there were several teams to follow – one of them being the Miami Dolphins. As a youngster, I was a fan – not just of the Fish, but of their coach as well. Don Shula was a fixture on the football scene during some of my most impressionable years. As I was looking through some quotes by the coach, I came across an interesting one, “You take what’s right in front of you. You want to do the best you can with the opportunities you have.”. As I read this quote, I was taken back to the backfield made up of Larry Csonka, Jim Kiick and Mercury Morris who amassed incredible yardage while winning games and titles – but I was even more intrigued by how this plays out in real life. It is easy to get so wrapped up looking long term that we often forget to recognize the day to day opportunities that make the difference in being successful. Sure, it is great to be able to envision long term success, but the thing that produces victory is capitalizing on what is right in front of us.

Are you wanting to make a difference in the future? Start by seizing the opportunities found in today.

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6