Wednesday; June 14

When you see the American flag, what does it mean to you? For some, it is the symbol of unity; while for others it reminds them of a history of fragmentation. For some, it reminds them of what the nation has done for them, while others wonder what the forefathers did to them. To some, the stars and stripes, represents a lifetime of freedom, while others see them as a chance for a new lease on life. No matter how we perceive Old Glory, I would like us to take a minute today to reflect on what today, Flag Day, can do for us. Now, before I get too deep in this, please do not misunderstand my intent. I am not saying that we should be arrogant because of the nation in which we live, but I do hope that we will find the common ground it can represent. I have my own personal feelings about my response to the American flag, but I also think that it can be a symbol that reminds us of what can be done when we all work together. Whether it is a solid economy or advanced social justice, by coming together as one nation we can enjoy a good life. When we gather together as a unified, supportive people we can make the most of our opportunity.

How will you remember our banner on this Flag Day? Hopefully, we will all take some time to reflect on how we can use it as a way to rekindle the idea of a united people.
Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6