Tuesday; July 12

When I was a youngster I enjoyed playing ball – especially baseball. As a little guy, I would play anywhere and everywhere I could – from the pick-up games in the neighborhood to throwing a tennis ball or golf ball up against the wall of the house. When I got a little older, I joined teams and played in organized leagues. Then, when I got out of High School (and realized I wasn’t college material), I moved on to softball. From my late teens through my thirties, I played in a lot of leagues and would love to play all weekend in tournaments. Finally, when I ran out of time (and coordination), I started following the professionals through the media. I guess you could say that throughout the years, my love of the game remained, but the way I enjoyed it changed.

The reason I bring up this harmless addiction to baseball is that I am beginning to see this in other aspects of life. As a younger minister, I was very involved in work and community affairs, but as I have grown older, I have found myself stepping back a bit. When I first noticed this, I felt ineffective (kind of like when I realized I could no longer hit a curveball), but as I have matured, I am finding it more comfortable to let go and encourage others to take over. I am in the processes of learning that just because I am not the same as I used to be, that doesn’t mean that I can’t enjoy life. No, I am not going to give up on trying to make things better, but my role is changing from doing to advising. I may not be able to go and do as much as I did, but I hope to teach and inspire others to be the best they can be.

Where are you in your life? When we use the tools we have at THIS TIME in our lives we can fulfill our true potential.

Think About It! 

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6