Wednesday; June 22

 For those of you who may not have known, I spent most of the past two weeks in isolation following a positive COVID test. The good news is that I never really felt bad, the challenge was being away from people for almost two weeks. I had to cancel a speaking engagement, rearrange some trainings and rely on the kindness of some very talented people to cover my responsibilities, but all-in-all it was a pretty uneventful few days. I am feeling good and ready to get back to my daily routine.

The reason I bring this up is to make an observation – when we face challenges and put our minds to it, we can still accomplish a lot. I was able to set up links to my computers and get just about everything I needed to get done from my home office. Since Amazon (and a host of others) offer online shopping and home delivery, I was able to shop for things I needed (and a lot I didn’t). With cellphones and VOIP office phones, it was almost like I was back in my office. Over the last several months I had feared testing positive because of the disruption it would cause in my life. Now, while I wouldn’t encourage anyone to get virus, I learned a lot about what “can” be done when you put your mind to it.

How do we approach challenges in our lives? How much energy do we expend worrying about what “might” happen? Interestingly, most of us have more resiliency in our lives than we imagine – but even if we don’t, we serve a God who has promised to care for us and provide us what we need. The Bible reminds us, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” (Philippians 4:6).

Stay safe and stay strong. You are going to get through this – whatever it is!

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6