Tuesday; March 29

Not long ago I found myself awake at an inconvenient hour. I have always been someone who liked to sleep – I could be on the Olympic Sleeping Team if we had one – but, the circumstances didn’t allow it. I realized I had two choices: I could fuss and whine about not getting my beauty rest or I could make the most of the opportunity. Again, I like to sleep but there is only one thing I can do when I sleep – sleep. However, this circumstance gave me the chance to get some other stuff done (not many people will interrupt your thought process at 4:00 a.m.). I realize that there are people who have a real issue with not being able to sleep, but for the rest of us who experience the inconvenience sporadically maybe we should see it as a blessing rather than a problem. Why not take advantage of a few bonus hours away from the routine?

I don’t relish being awake when most of the rest of the world is asleep, but when we put the appropriate spin on it, it can be a valuable serendipity. If you find yourself awake at 3:00 a.m., please don’t call me to give me the opportunity to be up with you, but don’t lament what is happening either. Make the most of it and, who knows, something good just might come out of it.

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6