Thursday; February 18

I love to travel. In fact, I think that was why 2020 was so difficult on me – I couldn’t go on a couple of trips we had hoped. Not only do I like to travel, I like to plan travel. I am one of those people who will spend hours trying to find the best deals, the best flights, the best accommodations. It is sort of an odd version of hide-and-seek. Now, while I enjoy the game, I also find that I can get overwhelmed by it. With so many choices, I tend to find it hard to make a decision. Interestingly, it’s not that there aren’t ample choices, my problem is that there are a lot of choices – I just want to make the best one. If I am not careful, I get to the point where the fun and games of travel planning turn into anxiety. Isn’t that silly? Yes, it is … except on those nights when I am up to all hours of the morning trying the find the perfect selection.
Now, the reason I share this with you – in addition to be a confession – is that I came across a good reminder the other day. It is one of the shortest verses in the New Testament, but also one of the most powerful. When Paul wrote to the church in Thessalonica he reminded them, “Rejoice always …” (I Thessalonians 5:16). I need that. I need to be reminded not to worry, not to get overwhelmed especially when I have a wealth of blessings. Rather than fretting about making the best choice, I need to be thankful that I have choices to make.
Are there things that are getting us down? Should they be getting us down? Let’s be willing to be thankful for all we have and remember to rejoice at how blessed we are.
Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6