Monday; November 16

Do you believe that dinosaurs existed? Personally, I am not convinced that these mammoth prehistoric creatures lived; but it doesn’t bother me if others believe it because it actually can help us spread the message of God. Now wait a minute there – doesn’t a belief dinosaurs usually stand in contrast with a belief in God? Yeah, kind of, but I think that a faith in dinosaurs might actually help us in our evangelism. Confused? Let me see if I can explain. I don’t believe in dinosaurs because I have never seen one – not even in a zoo. Sure, there are some bones around, but to me the discovery of bones doesn’t prove all that has been taught about dinosaurs or their extinction. So, since we haven’t seen a dinosaur in person (nor observed what they ate or how they lived and died), what we have to do to perpetuate a belief in dinosaurs is have “faith”. Ah, there is that word – faith. If we want to believe enough in the presence of dinosaur’s we will accept what we have found on faith that they did – in fact – existed. Now, here is where two worlds can collide. You see, if people are willing to have faith that dinosaur’s existed, why should anyone question someone’s faith that God exists or at the very least accept that a faith in God is a reasonable response to the evidence of His presence around us? The Bible is plain that no has ever seen God, but it is resolute in the presence of a faith that accepts that He is alive and real.
I don’t think that our salvation is based upon whether we accept or reject a belief in dinosaurs; however, I am convinced our salvation is dependent on a faith in God. Which is more important – assuming that some ugly critters existed years ago or accepting that an incredible God exists today?

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6