Thursday; June 25


          The good news is that there are only six months until Christmas!  The bad news is that Christmas is still six months away!  I don’t know about you, but Christmas 2019 seems like “forever ago”.  I mean, way back then we had the freedom to travel around and look at the decorations without having to worry about how many people were in the car or gathered on the lawn.  We could go out and do our last minute shopping and not have to worry about whether we could actually fit into a store (usually at maximum capacity).  We were more concerned with a scarf around our ears than a mask covering our nose and mouth.  We could sing carols in a crowded mall and not give it a second thought.  I never thought I’d say this, but I miss the good old days ... like those way back in December.  I don’t know what to expect for Christmas 2020; but, I hope is looks more like December 25, 2019 than June 25, 2020.
          I am not sure why June 25th got me to thinking about December 25th this year, but as I processed through my thoughts and feelings I was fortunate to be reminded of some things that haven’t changed in the last six months.  First and foremost, we can still worship the Lord who was born in that manger and grew up to sit on the eternal throne of God.  Also, in spite of the turmoil swirling around the world today, we can still enjoy the peace that He brought to mankind.  Additionally, even in the midst of the uncertainty of our present economy, we can still give kindness, gifts and well-wishes – even to people we don’t know well.  Let’s hold out hope for a good Christmas this year, but until it arrives, let’s continue to focus on the good in the world and the greatness of the One who visited it from heaven and made it better for all of us!
Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6