Wednesday; May 20

What would you do if you were walking along a path and came upon a spider web partially blocking the walking area?  I guess I can’t speak for you, but knowing the icky feeling of being covered in spider web, I think I would walk around it.  What would you choose to do if you were walking up to your house and saw a rattlesnake curled up on your door mat?  Again, I may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but I probably would do my best to avoid the snake and try to find another way into the house.  Now, you might be wondering way I am bringing up these “no-dah” moments; but the reason is pretty simple.  How often do we face spiritually dangerous situations in our lives and just keep walking into them?  Sure, we recognize they are there and that they are potentially dangerous, but we plow ahead and hope that we don’t get caught up in their web or get bit.  Maybe it is a party filled with debauchery, a job with lax financial security measures, an office relationship that is way too tempting or any number of another dangerous circumstances.  We recognize the potential for sin is there, but we don’t take the same reasonable care that we do when facing spiders and snakes.
Centuries ago, the wise man Solomon observed, “The prudent sees the evil and hides himself, but the naive go on, and are punished for it.” (Proverbs 22:3).  Let’s live our lives with our eyes wide open and our defenses in the “en garde” position.
         Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6