Tuesday; May 26

          As I was driving home on Friday I noticed something really neat – a rainbow.  I had been over to Virginia to visit my Dad and had driven in and out of rain all day, but as I approached home, there it was – a full rainbow.  Rainbows usually capture my attention, but for some reason, this one really inspired me.  Most of us are familiar with the history of rainbows – God established them to remind mankind He wouldn’t destroy the world through a flood.  Shortly after the first great flood, God told Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all successive generations; I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth.” (Genesis 9:12-13).  When I saw the rainbow last week, I wasn’t concerned about a serious flood, but I had been concerned about all the stuff going on around us, so it brought a sense of peace to me.  As I watched the rainbow, I reflected on the underlying promise of God’s power and control – not just during Noah’s time, but today as well.  If God had control over a flood with the power to destroy the whole world, imagine the power He has over an illness!  In a world that is turned upside down by the presence of the pandemic, we need to remember that God – not politicians, not scientists, not community norms, and certainly not some minute virus – has absolute power to decide what happens to our world and our universe.
          When we see rainbows, let’s remember God’s original promise to Noah, but don’t forget how the promise can be expanded beyond rain.  Yes, God has told us that this world will not last forever – but the end won’t come through a virus – and it will come in His time.
         Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6