Monday; June 1


          One of the challenges for me is that I think too much.  Now, this may surprise some of my closest friends and family who might think that I don’t think often enough – or even well enough, but it can be a problem for me.  You see, when things happen in our world, I tend to think about them and try to figure out how I can make them better.  The challenge with this type of mentality is that our world has gotten smaller; therefore, the things I ponder grow larger and more widespread.  If something happens in Washington D. C., Milwaukee or Fort Worth it is like it is in my backyard, and I start trying to figure out how to make a difference.  As I have analyzed my personality, I have developed what I like to call cognitive dissonance.  On one hand, the only way to make a difference in our world is to be concerned about what goes on in our world.  If I am a leader, I have to be aware of our surroundings – and not just those that impact me at a local level.  However, I can’t fix everything – especially those things with which I have no direct connection.  By limiting my emotional energy to those things closest to me, only those things that I can fix with minimal outreach, I can limit the stressful influences on my brain and my emotions, but am I really having a significant influence?  Honestly, I really don’t know which way is the best thought process for me – do I worry about global issues and try to have a greater influence or do I limit my leadership to those things within my immediate control and be content in my personal cocoon.  I am not sure which is the right answer for me.
          I share this personality trait with you for a couple of reasons.  First, I solicit your prayers for wisdom.  Secondly, I wonder how many people are struggling with the same conflict in their own lives, but may have never thought about the source of the stress.  Global awareness is not bad, but it is taxing.  The smaller our sphere of influence, the easier it is to maintain our contentment, but the smaller footprint we leave.  If you are dealing with this issue, good luck in assessment of what is best for you. 
Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6