Monday; March 23


I had an interesting week last week.  (I should probably note that those closest to me might not have called it “interesting”, they probably would be more likely to say that I wasn’t a lot of fun!).  As I reflected on last week I saw how cyclical it was – I went from a place of skepticism to one of discouragement to (hopefully) one of refocus.  To be honest, like many people, I have struggled with trying to figure out who is telling the truth in this crisis.  Then once the reality of how the decisions of others seriously influenced those things I believed in and worked hard to preserve impacted what I was doing, I became pretty disheartened and felt defeated.  Now that I am more ready to accept the reality of how things are, I am beginning to move on to what I can do.  As I think about where I have been, I am not apologetic, I think my range of emotions was natural.  Now, hopefully, I am geared up for whatever lies ahead.
As I thought about my response to last week’s events I got to thinking about Thomas, the Lord’s apostle.  We tend to belittle “Doubting Thomas”, but when you look at his actions, they are pretty understandable.  His world turned upside down overnight with the arrest and crucifixion of Jesus.  He was called on to believe something that was unprecedented – the resurrection of Jesus – but He wasn’t going to believe something until he could verify it for himself.  (Does any or all of that sound familiar?)  Yet, the greatest part of Thomas’ life is recorded when he met Jesus face-to-face and, as John documents, “Thomas answered and said to Him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” (John 20:28). 
We are all going to have doubts and difficulties in life.  Let’s not focus on where we have been, let’s keep moving forward in the confidence and commitment we have in our Lord.
          Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6