Wednesday; December 18

          There are certain days that tend to make me reflective and today is one of those days.  I have been around some people who have looked back on their lives and advocate that they wouldn’t change a thing about their lives.  When I hear that I am not sure whether to be envious or cynical.  Maybe I am too superficial, but there are several things I would have changed through the years.
1.  I would have made more of an effort not to worry.  I have wasted too many good days worrying about what might happen or concerned about what had happened.  I struggle with looking too much into the future and being too concerned about things I did that I couldn’t change.  I believe I do better about this today, but it is easy to lament too many yesterdays that I allowed slip through my fingers by being concerned about things I couldn’t control.
2.    I would have stopped and rested more.  I have gotten to do a lot of neat stuff, but there have been too many times I was too “busy” to take time to relax and enjoy what was around me.  Too often, I have been so involved in doing things that I missed out on enjoying life.  Yes, I am glad to be active, but I have to remember to appreciate the here-and-now.
3.  I would have been more open and less critical.  When I was younger, I tended to be pretty rigid in my thinking.  I don’t know that I ever got so involved in a personal conflict that it caused hate and bitterness, but I do believe there were times when I didn’t appreciate diverse people and divergent points of view that could have made me better.  I still believe in standards today, but I am learning to listen more and critique less.
          What would you have done differently in your life?  Remember, it’s never too late to change.
          Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6