Friday; June 7

The other day I sat down at the desk in my home office and had to face a harsh reality – it was filled with clutter.  For the last several weeks I would work on something, then set it over in one pile.  I would wind up a cord and set it in another part of the desk.  I had sticky notes (some active, some obsolete) pasted all over my desk.  It was a mess and it was a bit overwhelming, but there was one more thing about it … it needed to be cleared!  I was going to be using my home office for a while, so I had to do something about the mess.  I couldn’t live with it, I couldn’t ignore it, so I just had to take the time to get my workspace in order.
I am sure that many people can relate to my desk, but there is another lesson that can be learned from my clutter – how many of us life with clutter in our lives?  Emotional clutter can come in a variety of forms:   holding a grudge against one person, being envious of another person, never really completely thinking through a solution to this problem or feeling discouraged by our lack of motivation or accomplishment.  We don’t plan on having to deal with all this stuff, but we never really address it so it just sits there cluttering up our emotional contentment.  Clutter will never clean itself nor will never get better on its own, so until we are willing to sit down and process what we’ve got going on, we are going to keep feeling bad.
Do you need to clean your mind?  Today is a good day to start the process and begin enjoying a new, focused and fulfilled life.
Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6