Friday; August 31

Do you ever just get to feeling tired?  I am not talking about the tiredness that comes from doing a day of hard work or staying up late at night with a sick child – I am talking about that emotional exhaustion that comes from overthinking life.  If you are like me, there are times when you are just so emotionally worn-out that all you want to do is crawl into a corner and pray that some sort of peace and quiet will allow you to relax and enjoy life. 
The other day I was having one of those days and I was led back to one of the most beloved and best known Scriptures of all time.  In the 23rd Psalm David wrote, “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.” (Psalm 23:1-3).  Wow, what an incredible vision!  The ability to rest while being surrounded by God’s peaceful creation and cradled in His loving nature.  The interesting thing about this tranquil setting is that it exists – all we have to do is embrace it.  No, there is not a “place” of peace, it is a “feeling” of peace. 
Do we need a timeout?  God has provided us with the opportunity, will we take advantage of the hope and help He offers?  It is like knowing about a quiet meadow that is just down the lane – it doesn’t do any good if we don’t make the effort to walk down the road and experience the peacefulness.  Are we looking for quiet rest?  We can’t blame God for the tension in our lives if we are unwilling to accept the solace He offers. 
Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6