Wednesday; July 25


          Jeane and I like to travel.  We have been blessed to have had the chance to see some neat things and experience some incredible places.  Interestingly, I even enjoy shopping for our adventures – well, sort of.  I like to explore what is out there on the ‘net, beckoning us to them.  I get a kick out of shopping for the best deals.  You can usually tell when we are looking at vacations because there will be notepads with flight details and hotel rates scattered all around the house.  While I do enjoy the process, there will be a point in time in which the joy turns to angst.  Have I found the best deal?  Is there something better out there?  Is this really what we want to do and where we want to go?  When I get to this point, I kind of wish that I was content to throw a dart at the map and book the first trip I find.  Sometimes too many choices can create issues.
          While the Bible tells us that we have a responsibility to take steps to ensure our path to salvation, the great thing is that there only one way to get there.  Please don’t misunderstand me – we cannot save ourselves (we are saved by the forgiveness and grace of God), but we do have to do our part to enter into the kingdom of God.  Fortunately, that path is very specific.  Jesus told His early followers, “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.”. (Matthew 7:13-14)  If that wasn’t clear enough, He would also tell them, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.” (John 14:6)
          Are we on the Glory Land Way?   It is the best trip we’ll ever take!
Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Thursday; October 19