Tuesday; April 10

As I was thinking about this a few days I ago I got to thinking about how easy it is to get into a rut when it comes to spiritual living.  When I pray, I tend to cover the same topics.  When I set out to do good deeds, I usually rely upon the same talents I have used throughout the years.  When I read inspirational material, I typically go back to those writers with whom I have always agreed.  Sure, doing something is better than doing nothing, but what would happen if I tried to stretch out my spirit?  Could I do better for more people if I stepped out in faith and tried to use a new spiritual talent?  What could I learn if I read a Biblical book that I hadn’t read in a while?  Is there a new sense of inspiration to be found in a different musical artist?
Yes, we must be solid and unmovable when it comes to our faith and our commitment to the basic principles of Christianity, but there might be value in getting out of our rut.  No, we mustn’t leave God behind, but there may much more out there that we haven’t discovered  Maybe it is time to broaden our spiritual horizons!
Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6