Monday; April 16

          Late Saturday afternoon I participated in the suburban sport known as “speed mowing”.  While I can’t speak for everyone, I think that most of us are familiar with the game that has its roots in precipitation and procrastination.  As I was finishing up my supper I looked outside and realized my lawn needed some attention.  When I took a glance at my schedule and the weather forecast I realized that unless I got right on the task, by the time I got around to it I was going to have to bail my grass or rent it out for pasture.  I hurried through my supper, asked Alexia how much time I had before sundown and headed out the door.  I hustled to get the job done before I ran out of natural light.  (I think it would have looked silly to mount a flashlight on my mower, but  sometimes a guy has to do what a guy has to do.)  I have to admit that Alexia is pretty smart because she was right on point and I finished as the last streams of light faded into the horizon. 
          While I was happy to get my grass mowed, it got me to thinking about how I was responsible for creating my own issue.  I was the one who had procrastinated and I was the one who ended up exhausted by trying to cram the physical exertion into as short a time as was possible.  Had I planned better, I could have slowed down and completed my chore in a reasonable manner. 
          Do we ever do this in other aspects of life?  Do we sleep in too late, and have to drive too fast on the way to work?  Do we delay projects to the point that we apply undue stress on ourselves hoping that we will complete it on time?  Do we put off paying taxes to the very last day and have to find creative ways to come up with the money we need?  Procrastination creates pains!  
          Let’s plan and produce rather than procrastinate.  By doing so, we will be able to relax and enjoy a job well done.
          Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6