Wednesday; March 14

Each year I look forward to the coming of autumn.  After experiencing the Dog Days of August (and September) I can’t wait for the cooler weather.   I even get excited about the first snowfall.  Despite living so many years where snow is commonplace, there is something special about seeing everything covered in that white blanket for the first time of the season.  Yes, I do enjoy the coming of the cooler weather, but by this time of year I am over it!  I am tired of the gray skies, cold precipitation and the wind.  I need a Spring Break!
When I was in college we didn’t have an official Spring Break and that trend as continued through the years.  Sure, I have taken a trip or two this time of year, but I don’t like crowds on my beaches (much less paying a premium price to be in the midst of them), so I generally don’t do a traditional trip down south.  However, for the sake of sanity – and to avoid a grouchy personality – I still need to find some other way to get away from the doldrums of winter.  As I was thinking about this it dawned on me that I can have a Spring Break, I just need to make it happen in my mind.  I have to be willing to enjoy the trees that are budding ... the birds that are singing ... the flowers that are blooming ... the baby critters frolicking in the fields.  The snow may continue to fall, the clouds may impede my sunshine and there may still be a chill in the air, but if I can reshape the way I think and what I see I can enjoy a vacation from the doldrums.
Let’s take a break from what is getting us down this week.   Hopefully you will be able to spend some time in the sun, but even if you can’t, make it a point to adopt a warm personality.
Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6