Friday; February 23

As I sat and looked out my window I think I could see what I thought was a bald eagle flying off in the distance.  I watched it do loops in the air and ride the thermal waves high above the trees.  It was kind of cool to glance up every-once-in-a-while and see that it was still out there, but, in all honesty it wasn’t all that impressive or distracting from a distance.  If, however, there had been an eagle outside my window in the parking lot, I would not have gotten much work done.  I would have been so mesmerized by the majesty of the bird that I would sit there and stare at it for hours on end.  The plumage, the claws, the powerful muscle structure would be so impressive that I just wouldn’t have been able to take my eyes off of it.
When we consider God, do we do so from a distance or from His up-close-and-personal presence in our lives?  I wonder if, sometimes, the reason we don’t praise and glorify God with the intensity that we should is because we perceive Him being “out there somewhere” doing some pretty neat stuff, but not really being meaningful to our lives.  What would happen if we sought a closer relationship to Him?  How would our lives change if we felt so close to Him that we could appreciate His power, His majesty and His awesomeness.
Are we as close to God as we’d like to be?  Are we as impressed by God as we should be?  If you’d like to come to a better understanding of Him and develop a tighter relationship with Him, the place to do it just might be in a worship service this weekend.  If you are looking for something special in your life, join a group of like-minded believers worshipping Him and allow Him to come closer and change your life forever!
Think about it! 

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6