Friday; December 8

One of the most important things to me is trust.  I am pretty free when granting trusts to others and have a tendency to be willing to offer trust based on a faith that people are going to do the right thing.  However, when someone violates my trust, I have a hard time forgetting.  I typically don’t have as much trouble forgiving them for their violation, I just become a bit more guarded when re-extending trust once it has been broken. 
The reason for this personal revelation is to explain why being a Christian seems so natural to me.  I readily trust God.  I believe in His claims. I am convinced of His presence in our world and in my life.  I know that He will always be there with me and for me.  The great thing about my trust in God is that since He is perfect and dependable, it is impossible for Him to let me down.  As long as my trust is based on what God has said about Himself, He cannot and will not violate my trust in Him.
King David was a man who trusted God with everything – his life, his legacy and his eternity.  When David reflected on God’s worthiness he wrote, “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him.” (Psalm 28:7).  If we are looking for someone we can trust – let’s join David in his commitment to God.  Are we looking for a way to celebrate our trust in God – this weekend might be an excellent time to join with like-minded believers in proclaiming our faith in God.
Think about it! 

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6