Tuesday; July 18

I am not sure what prompted the issue:  maybe it was trying to decide where we were going to go for supper … it could have been trying to make a choice about how we were going to spend our vacation … maybe it was trying to decide between which new electronic device(s) I was going to buy.   No matter what the prompt was, I found that I was feeling stressed about what I was going to do.  Then, all of a sudden, it hit me – I am stressing out over blessings!  Why in the world should I be worrying about the wealth of riches I had been handed; I should appreciate what we have been given and not fret about having to make decisions about several good options!  It’s not like I am having to choose between good and bad – when it comes to choosing between two good options I should be satisfied, not stressed.
Many of us grew up with the spiritual song “Count Your Blessings” and, while it a great song, maybe a follow-up title could be “Appreciate Your Blessings”.  It isn’t enough to just catalog them, it isn’t valuable to worry about them … we should make the decision to enjoy them.
What are we concerned about?  Do we get too wrapped up in “First World Problems”?  There may be some who are truly facing life-altering issues, but for some of us, our anxiety may be fueled by a lack of acknowledgment of those things that truly are blessings. 
          Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6