Tuesday; May 28

I do not like car shopping. It’s not that I don’t like having a new car, I just don’t like the process of buying one. One of the reasons I don’t like buying a car is that it seems like it take forever; but maybe the biggest reason is that price that is quoted is too often not the price you get. The $30,000 car is quickly inflated by adding taxes, title, interest, add-ons, and a variety of other charges. I don’t like bargaining and I don’t like hidden fees. I would like the process a lot better if they just told me what it was going to cost me and let me make the decision if I want to pay that price.

Not long ago I thought about the “true cost” of a car and it reminded me of the price we pay for sin. Initially, doing wrong things may not seem to be as expensive as they end up. What begins as a minor infraction or causing some insignificant issues can balloon into a costly experience. By the time satan gets through with us, what seemed to start out as reasonably-acceptable consequences can blow up into a major problem.

Let’s be wise as we invest our money in our transportation, but let’s be even wiser as we deal with transgressions. We can always go out and get another job to pay for our note, but once sin has it claws into us, we will have to pay the price.

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday; November 29

Thursday; January 12

Monday; September 25