Friday; May 31

In the midst of a rather busy stretch, Jeane, my wife, encouraged me to slowdown and take some time off. Thankfully, she does a good job of keeping me balanced, but I didn’t heed her counsel. The answer I gave was that I was not charge of my schedule – I was doing things other people planned for me. Now, while there was some truth in what I said, I began to realize that if I allowed people to keep me busy, I would always be doing something. At some point, I needed to take control and say enough is enough.

The reason that I bring this up is not in hopes that you would feel sorry for me, rather it is to try to help you do what you already know you should be doing. If we allow it, we will stay too busy for our own good. Whether it is our office agenda, our children’s schedule or our entertainment calendar; when other people are directing our lives, we are bound to be overwhelmed. The only way for us to balance our lives is to create it because we’ll never find it. It won’t happen by chance, it must be planned.

Are you scheduling your life or is it running you? Let’s be purposeful in what we choose to fill our lives – and our day planners.

Think About It! 

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday; November 29

Thursday; January 12

Monday; September 25