Wednesday; September 6

I was recently working on a project that led me back to some of my college mates. Now, for some of you, that might not seem like that big of a deal; but for me it was a rather significant trip in the way-back machine. Being as I graduated from college over forty years ago, it was a pretty sentimental journey. After visiting with some of the people I was struck by how many of them were still married after all these decades. There were several of us who were married within a year or two of each other and it is pleasing to see how many of us are still married to their original spouse.

As I thought about these relationships, I was reminded of the some of the advice I was given as a youngster. Often I was warned, “Do not be deceived: “Bad company corrupts good morals.” (I Corinthians 15:33); but the converse of this could be “Good friends will build solid foundations”. There is no doubt that the group I grew up with helped shape my opinions about marriage and are a part of the reason Jeane and I have been together for over 40 years.

Who are you hanging out with? Are they pulling you away from your moral foundations or are they helping to reinforce the basic moral values you have established? Hopefully, your friends will be as positive as influence on you as mine have been on me.

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6