Monday; June 26

I believe I was in the 3rd Grade when I got my first pair of glasses and things haven’t gotten much better in the last half century. My eyesight is bad and without the aid of glasses or contacts I wouldn’t be blind – but I would be severely limited in what I could do. As I was dealing with my contacts the other day, my first thought was how much of a pain it was, then I realized how fortunate I am to live in the times we do. With a little planning and a few dollars, my eyesight can be restored to a functional level. Rather than fussing about how bad my eyes are, I need to focus on the blessings I have.

It is easy to complain about the times in which we live today – let’s face it, there are some challenges and a few dangers in 21st Century America. But, let’s not overlook just how blessed we are – and not just the economic or physical benefits we enjoy. Maybe the greatest opportunity we have is living in a time when we can access forgiveness. Because we can look back on Jesus’ sacrifice that brought about salvation, life is good! We hear John 3:16 so often that it tends to lessen some of its impact but it does remind us of the blessings of the life and times we can enjoy. When we start to complain about life let’s remember, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” (John 3:16). That should bring a smile to our faces and joy to our daily walk.

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6