Friday; October 7

Years ago, when I was preparing to be out of the office for a while, I would find myself scrambling at the last minute to get things done. I would allow the deadlines to sneak up on me and I would be “cramming” to get everything done. Interestingly, while I usually got things done, what I got done wasn’t typically up to my usual standard – and if it was, I was so stressed out that it took me a while to calm down enough to enjoy whatever adventure I was undertaking. Now, please don’t believe that I don’t do this from time-to-time, but I am getting better at planning than I was years ago. I feel like I do a better job of looking ahead at what to expect and try to put myself in a better position to be successful.

The other day, as I was preparing for a trip, I got to thinking about this – not just as it related to what I needed to get done in the next week, but how it impacts in preparing for eternity. I got to thinking about an Old Testament prophet who warned, “Therefore thus I will do to you, O Israel; because I will do this to you, prepare to meet your God, O Israel. For behold, He who forms mountains and creates the wind and declares to man what are His thoughts, He who makes dawn into darkness and treads on the high places of the earth, the Lord God of hosts is His name.” (Amos 4:12-13). The simple phrase, “prepare to meet your God” should send chills down our spine! Interestingly, when we plan for a trip, we have a scheduled date that we can plan around, but when it comes to death and eternity, we know it is on our schedule, we just don’t know when.

Are we prepared to meet our God? If not, what are we waiting for?

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6