Monday; May 2

I have several things in my office that have been in my office for a while. The particular problem with these items is that they don’t work – and haven’t for a while. Oh, when I set them aside I had every intention of getting them repaired, the problem is that once I set them aside, I kind of forgot about them. In the beginning, I probably thought, “Oh, I need to take care of that problem” but each time I didn’t do it, it became easier not to do anything. Eventually, they just became a part of the background of my office and I ignored them. If I did an inventory of my office, I would realize something needed to be done, but until then they aren’t much more of an afterthought (if even that).

The reason I bring up my broken items is to show how easy it is to ignore things that are damaged – even people. Sure, if we look for them, we’ll see them. If we do a specific inventory of them or their issues, we’ll see them; however, until we do they have a tendency to just blend into the background. We know that there are those who are homeless, those who are mentally challenged, those who are perpetual victims of crime, but it becomes too easy to just look past them. Rather than standing out as human beings, they merely become an unremarkable part of our environment.
Let’s not only live with purpose, let’s look with purpose as well. When we really see the people, we will be more apt to really look for answers.

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6