Fiday; June 25

Isn’t it great that God is filled with grace? Amen and amen!

I think we could stop right there and enjoy the moment of praise, but those of you who know me understand that I won’t do that. Before we go any further; however, I would like to commit to how much I believe in the first sentence of this blog. God’s grace in incredible and incomprehensible. Yet, I think there is another side to the issues of grace – while it is available to everyone, it will not be accepted by everyone. There will be people who will choose to reject the grace of God. The other day I heard a discussion of I Peter 4:18 that states, “And if it is with difficulty that the righteous is saved, what will become of the godless man and the sinner?”. This seems to stem from Proverbs 11:31 and reminds us that, while believers will be able to experience the grace of God, those who don’t will be held accountable for their unbelief. As I read this, I was reminded of what the Apostle Paul wrote, “… work out your salvation with fear and trembling …” (Philippians 2:12). God’s desire is for everyone to be saved – in fact, He was so willing to make this happen that He sent His Son to pay the price for us – however, we get the very sobering reminder that the gift of the sacrifice of Jesus can be rejected. Unfortunately, the sad story of the Bible is that not only can it be spurned, but it will be by many.

Let’s be thankful for the grace of God because, without it, we are doomed.

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6