Monday; May 24

Twenty-four months ago I wasn’t sure what to expect. I was fading in and out of consciousness following my surgery in the ICU at Washington Hospital. A couple days earlier I had no idea what a bypass procedure entailed, but by that point I was the veteran of five of them. I have been one of the blessed patients. I was released from the hospital after just a few days, then able to return to work a short time later. Thanks to the Lord’s grace and a skilled surgeon, about the only reminder I have of my surgery is a scar in the middle of chest.


As I emotionally processed through the second anniversary of my surgery, I had some mixed emotions; but the overwhelming feeling was just how blessed I am. Not only am I grateful for an uneventful recovery, I am thankful that my operation came in 2019, not 2020 at the beginning of the COVID pandemic. Yes, I am on a steady diet of medications since my procedure, but I am blessed that we live in time where most of my issues can be controlled by diet, exercise and a few small pills. All-in-all, I am thankful for where I am and how I am doing.

We live in a time and an environment when it is easy to see our troubles and trials, but we need to invest the time into seeing our blessings. We are loved by a Father who has everything at His fingertips – how cool is that! The next time we find ourselves lamenting something in our lives, let’s remember God’s grace and gifts. That should cheer us up.

Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6