Monday; August 31

Over the last several months I have been wrestling with an underlying feeling that I really couldn’t put my finger on. Sure, I could identify the concern that I felt when I was trying to understand a disease that appeared out of nowhere. I could also understand feeling discouraged by having to limit my travel and even the restrictions we were facing just going to the grocery stores or church. Yet, there was something more, something below the surface. After pondering it, I think I have figured it out – disappointment. I am feeling disappointed in “us”. No, I am not disappointed in “you” or “them”, I am disappointed in “us”! We are better than we have been behaving! We are better than allowing the wearing of masks divide our communities … we are better than calling each other names because of what our forefathers did … we are better than standing in the middle of the street yelling at each other about perceptions and perspectives … we are better than allowing mistrust to divide us to the point where feel like everyone is out to get us! Throughout the years our nation has been able to work together to develop a solid economic system and think together to come up with solutions to complex problems. We have been able to exchange ideas in a peaceful manner and forge partnerships that allowed us to work together and play together. Our past teaches us we can be better than we are today. I am sure I am viewing our history through the rose-colored glasses of optimism, but it also allows me to see how good we can be when we pull together and work in harmony.
Folks, we will never be better until we – you and me – decide we have had enough of the division and distrust. It is up to us to commit to setting aside our agendas and picking each other up! This cannot and will not be done by politicians, activists, criminals, athletes, celebrities … this can only happen when “we” work together to restore a sense of community and cooperation. Are we ready to pull together and get back to being our best?
Think About It!
Like
Comment
Share

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6