Monday; August 3

          I get confused sometimes.  With all the stuff going on in the world, I get distracted and forget to put first-things-first.  The other day I got to feeling out of sorts – then it dawned on me why.  I get so involved in what is going on around me that secondary issues begin to take precedence.  If I am ever going to be able to maintain focus and find contentment, I have to go back to the basics; to those fundamental things that are integral to my success as a person and a Christian. 
          That all sounds pretty good, doesn’t it; but what does it mean?  What it means is that our priority as children of God is not to put an end to spreading the virus … or electing the next president … or even saving the climate.  Sure, these may be socially noble pursuits, but that isn’t why we are here.  As Christians – those who have been delivered from a worldly life and offered eternal security – our focus must be on what Jesus saw as His goal.  When Jesus assessed His ministry He observed, “For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.” (Luke 12:10).   
          Have we lost of our focus?  When we do, not only will our mission be less successful, our lives will be less peaceful.
          Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6