Monday; July 20

          What is going to happen when school time rolls back around?  At the least, I imagine that most districts are going to modify what they have done in the past and, for many, they are in for some major changes.  I have always been a big fan of the public school system and feel for them especially during these days.  For years, society has kept adding to the expectations we have for teachers, support staff and administrators and now this!  All I can say is that my heart, prayers and thoughts go out to those in education.  I want to encourage all of us to be tolerant and supportive of what is happening in modern education.
          As I thought about today’s school staff I came across a quote by Brad Henry that I thought was good, “A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.”.  I would imagine that most of us would agree with Mr. Henry, but I believe that the application of this quote, just like the educational system, is about to change.  You see, with limited access to teachers we, as community members, are going to have to take on this responsibility.  This can no longer merely be farmed out to professional educators – parents, grandparents, business leaders and every caring adult will need to step up and set the tone.  Educating our children is a tough job and now with even more limited exposure to teachers, it is our responsibility to be the sparks that ignite the fire for learning and succeeding. 
          Do we know someone who needs a positive role model this school year?  What are we going to do about it?
          Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; July 10