Tuesday; May 18

It was a year ago today that I made a trip to the Express Clinic to get some relief from what I figured were the persistent effects of the flu.  When I walked in, I expected to come out a couple of hours later with some medications to treat the symptoms, but when I left Washington Hospital almost a week later I had all new cardiac plumbing. 
As I reflect on the past year there are several things that come to mind.  First, I am glad that my unfortunate incident occurred in 2019 rather than in 2020.  I am not sure how I would have reacted to being in the hospital with all the activity going on these days!  I am also thankful for the quality of care I received.  The medical staff that treated me were top-notch.  I also continue to be impressed and appreciative of the outpouring of love and encouragement I have received by those around me.  Finally, at least for this article, I am thankful that I recovered as quickly as I did. 
          Last year’s medical experience, my turning 60 this year and the spread of the pandemic in 2020 has caused me to think about my life and, really, about life in general.  As I process through my thoughts the words of James come to mind, “... you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.” (James 4:14).  When I think about this realization a couple of things come to mind.  First, am I in a right-relationship with God?  When we have confidence in our eternal destiny life can be less stressful.  Second, have I made the most of my time on earth?  No, none of us have done everything we should have done, but starting from this point on, are we committed to leaving a lasting legacy of good? 
          As challenging as the last year has been, I am glad to be where I am and blessed that many of you have been there with me and for me as I made my journey.  Thank you and may the Lord bless you with good health and purposeful life.
         Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6